[aklug] Silent box

From: Scott A. Johnson <scott.a.johnson@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Dec 04 2010 - 00:22:04 AKST

Folks,

Looking for feedback/recommendations/reviews of any small form factor
PCs that are *quiet*. As in, almost no fans quiet. If it has no fans
(I know many solutions exist with no-fans) that would be great but is
not required so long as it can run without me hearing it from a couple
feet away. Don't need a lot of expandability, just an Ethernet port
(extra plus if multiple Ethernet ports). My plan for this box is to
be a headless web server who's hardware is compatible with most major
distros, though I will probably go with a Debian or Ubuntu flavor.
Willing to build the box myself if necessary, but willing to buy from
an online shop too if reputible. Looking to spend ~$350'ish.

Feel free to reply off-list.

Thanks!

--
Scott A. Johnson