[aklug] Re: OT whine

From: <bruce@slackwarebox.com>
Date: Mon Nov 01 2010 - 18:29:46 AKDT

On November 2, 2010 at 1:55 AM Dan Wolf <dan-wolf@gci.net> wrote:

> Jim,
>
> Well without some additional details it is hard to really narrow it down.=
 So
> starting with the basics the first thing I would do is check the filament
> voltage. In most cases you can do this by turning off the normal lighting=
 and
> then open the access port to your computer and checking that each of the =
tubes
> has a standard glow. However if your system is more modern it is possible=
 the
> issue could be either local to your PC or in your upstream network device=
.
> Could you provide any additional info on your PC and whether it has this
> problem when connected to other networks? Is your PC connected to a LAN w=
ith
> other PCs and if so do any of them require "Refreshing"?
>
> At this point some more info as to the type of network you are connected =
> and the devices (Switches, routers) would allow for more of us to opine
> something helpful :-)
>
> ~Dan
=C2=A0
Hi Dan,
=C2=A0
Don't know about ole Jim there, but seems I'm in trouble here in China. The=
re
are presently 5 comps running on this little LAN at home and _none_ of them=
 have
any tubes! Much less glowing! Guess it's time to trade these mobos in for n=
ew
ones. ;)
=C2=A0
Bruce
=C2=A0
May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering!

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first,
the lesson afterward. But properly learned, the lesson forever
changes the man."