[aklug] Re: OT whine

From: Dan Wolf <dan-wolf@gci.net>
Date: Mon Nov 01 2010 - 17:55:06 AKDT

Jim,

Well without some additional details it is hard to really narrow it down. So starting with the basics the first thing I would do is check the filament voltage. In most cases you can do this by turning off the normal lighting and then open the access port to your computer and checking that each of the tubes has a standard glow. However if your system is more modern it is possible the issue could be either local to your PC or in your upstream network device. Could you provide any additional info on your PC and whether it has this problem when connected to other networks? Is your PC connected to a LAN with other PCs and if so do any of them require "Refreshing"?

At this point some more info as to the type of network you are connected to and the devices (Switches, routers) would allow for more of us to opine something helpful :-)

~Dan