[aklug] Re: double-posting

From: Christopher Howard <cmhoward@frigidcode.com>
Date: Thu Oct 21 2010 - 12:15:19 AKDT

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 09:20:10AM -0800, Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> On Thursday 21 October 2010, Greg Madden elucidated thus:
> > So whats up with the double post guys , stop it, bad dog, bad dog :-)
>
> On some lists, it's acceptable, even expected, on others, it's not.
> Mailman has an option where it won't send you a list copy of you're in
> the To: or CC: fields. But then of course, it doesn't filter properly
> since the copy you get doesn't have "List-Id" in the headers. I don't
> know if Ecartis has this option or not.
>
> I don't mind getting two copies. One goes to my inbox, and one goes to
> my AK LUG folder.

The primary reason I have subfolders is so my already congested inbox doesn't get flooded with e-mails from all the
lists to which I am subscribed. Although I respect your preferences, I would think it would be fairly easily for you
to just receive one copy and then automatically send a copy to your other folder. But for me to receive two copies (to
different addresses) and make sure I delete one and properly store the other would be more complicated.

Plus, having everyone only send out one reply uses less bandwidth and is therefore more efficient and cost effective.
Ha!

> --
> Joshua Kugler
> Part-Time System Admin/Programmer