[aklug] Re: double-posting

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Thu Oct 21 2010 - 12:38:21 AKDT

On Thursday 21 October 2010, Christopher Howard elucidated thus:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 09:20:10AM -0800, Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> > On Thursday 21 October 2010, Greg Madden elucidated thus:
> > > So whats up with the double post guys , stop it, bad dog, bad dog
> > > :-)
> >
> > On some lists, it's acceptable, even expected, on others, it's not.
> > Mailman has an option where it won't send you a list copy of you're
> > in the To: or CC: fields. But then of course, it doesn't filter
> > properly since the copy you get doesn't have "List-Id" in the
> > headers. I don't know if Ecartis has this option or not.
> >
> > I don't mind getting two copies. One goes to my inbox, and one
> > goes to my AK LUG folder.
>
> The primary reason I have subfolders is so my already congested inbox
> doesn't get flooded with e-mails from all the lists to which I am
> subscribed. Although I respect your preferences, I would think it
> would be fairly easily for you to just receive one copy and then
> automatically send a copy to your other folder.

Oh, I'm not saying I *want* two copies, just that I don't mind. In
fact, if a list defaults to "don't send a list copy if person is in
To/CC" I go change it, because I want the copy to be moved to the list
folder so it will be in the thread.

The problem with receiving one copy (just to me, and not the list) is
that it *won't* filter properly since it doesn't have the list headers.

But I usually just follow list convention...this message is going to
aklug only. :)

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com - Fairbanks, AK