[aklug] Re: windoze 7 sucks

From: <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Wed Oct 20 2010 - 10:50:39 AKDT

Quoting Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>:

> On Wed, 20 Oct 2010, jonr@destar.net wrote:
>
>> Again, there is no way out of the box to easily manage an enterprise
>> with Linux. History and auditing are there I have used them and
>> configured them.
>
> I've used both as well, and I still disagree. Windows doesn't provide true
> config management out of the box, period, just like Linux. But Linux is
> typically only one command away from having one installed, plus there's
> actual choices to be had.
>
> --Arthur Corliss
> Live Free or Die

Disagreeing doesn't mean it isn't there, it exists and it works not to
your level of satisfaction apparently. There is no config management
in windows because, well, there's no configs, everything is in the
registry. If I have one user who needs their password changed on
thousands of boxes I go to on spot and change it and it updates across
the enterprise. This is present in a default install of MS server, it
is non-existent in a default install of Linux.

Jon