[aklug] linux enterprise and desktop

From: WH Bouterse <bill@bouterse.com>
Date: Tue Oct 19 2010 - 13:53:24 AKDT

Excuse my cluelessness as I usually miss the obvious!

I thought I remember reading the last couple years the gradual replacement
of M$ within IBM, Google etc at the Desktop level and not just Server level.

Would this not account for something? Or I could be thinking of
a dream I had in the late 90s ;o/

Of course Marketing, Propaganda and FUD is a huge problem
and when Hybrid-Mutant-Borgs like Oracle have their own manifestations of Linux
yet send viable opensource projects into oblivion,
who knows how it all plays out.

Thankfully we Do see the open community at large sometimes
stepping up to the plate and carrying own anyhow !

(My 0.00$ worth)

WH (Bill) Bouterse
FishHook area Wasillastan