[aklug] Re: windoze 7 sucks

From: Tim Gibney <timgibney76@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Oct 19 2010 - 13:16:27 AKDT

I think Linux's day of reckoning may come sooner than you think.
Cloud's and Ajax apps like Google Doc and Salesforce.com are rapidly
replacing win32 apps. Even World of Warcraft which is the most popular game
is all done on the internet with only a mac and windows based client
rendering the data on screen.

I am thinking more and more about starting my own business that is all web
based and if iphones, flash, html 5, and AJAX take over the need to use
Windows will be neglated. The netbooks running Ubuntu were very successful.
It is just BestBuy freaked out when people no longer needed to buy software
from them. I purchased an Asus desktop and a BEST Buy app loads
automatically asking for software. So some success had been made.

As soon as Office and VB dies then we can move away to whatever os and
device you can imagine. I do not know of anyone who actually likes Windows.
They love the MS ecosystem of development but man intranet apps are so much
easier to maintain and develop.