[aklug] Re: windoze 7 sucks

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Tue Oct 19 2010 - 11:03:02 AKDT

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010, Damien Hull wrote:

> Linux needs to become a business solution before companies like Dell
> push Linux. Windows is the compleat solution from server to desktop.
> It includes user and data management tools that are easy to use.
>
> Yes, you can do this in Linux but it's not easy. I'm still waiting for
> someone to show me an example. I wanna see a company running Linux
> servers and workstations in an enterprise environment.

<G> I work in an enterprise environment and I use Linux from server to
desktop. Some might argue that the enterprise environment is more likely
than smaller organizations to do so because they typically have more
dedicated and skilled staff to do so.

Windows makes simple things easy, but difficult things... nearly impossible
if you want to keep your sanity.

Windows has its strengths, no doubt. But when it comes to the enterprise
data center UNIX and mainframes still rule the day.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die