[aklug] Re: windoze 7 sucks

From: Kevin Miller <atftb2@alaska.net>
Date: Tue Oct 19 2010 - 11:01:50 AKDT

Damien Hull wrote:

> Yes, you can do this in Linux but it's not easy. I'm still waiting for
> someone to show me an example. I wanna see a company running Linux
> servers and workstations in an enterprise environment.

The classic example is Ernie Ball (they make guitar strings). Got
sucker punched by the BSA years ago and it made 'em so mad they
completely dropped MS software.

Of course, there's the city of Munich too, but I don't recall how their
migration went. Not sure it was a complete migration but at the time
(circa 2003?) it was a major coup for Linux.

...Kevin

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska