[aklug] Re: Finding computer hardware in Achorage - analog video input

From: James Tweet <jamestweet@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Oct 11 2010 - 16:33:42 AKDT

You need a video capture device.

Something like this.
http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/device/overview.html
or
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Home+Video/Studio+Family/Video+Capture+for+Mac.htm

You will get better results if you buy a digital video camera that will transfer
directly to your mac. This will do nothing for anything you currently have in
analog format.

How much video do you have to transfer? If it is not too much just take it to
Costco or Sam's club. They convert tapes to DVD.