[aklug] RedHat: overwritten /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth* files

From: Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us>
Date: Thu Oct 07 2010 - 10:00:56 AKDT

Hey, I'm no RedHat expert, but I've got this RedHat box at work which
uses ifcfg-eth* files to attach interface names to MAC address, and set
the static IP address of each interface. But somehow, each time the
system is rebooted, these ifcfg-eth* files are being altered to change
the MAC addresses to bogus values.

We think it might be custom software on the machine overwriting these
files but are not sure. Is there any standard software on a RedHat
system that could be overwriting these files?

--
Christopher Howard
http://frigidcode.com