[aklug] Re: RedHat: overwritten /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth* files

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 07 2010 - 21:32:53 AKDT

Is it RedHat, or something RedHat based?

I ask because the SME/E-Smith server I mentioned the other day uses perl
scripts to re-write all that stuff in /etc. You can edit the stuff
in /etc to whatever you want, but it gets reset by the perl scripts as
soon as the system (or maybe service) is restarted.

To make any real changes, you have to know where the perl scripts are
and how they work.

Jim G