[aklug] Re: Need a Cisco Managed Switch

From: Kevin Miller <atftb2@alaska.net>
Date: Tue Oct 05 2010 - 18:15:08 AKDT

On 10/05/2010 05:43 AM, Mike Tibor wrote:
> I'm hoping someone here might have something like a 2950 that they'd be willing
> to sell.
>
> I'm moving my noisy server into the garage and want a good quality layer 2
> 10/100 switch with preferrably 2 gig ports. I've had lots of problems in the
> past with the cheaper brands like Netgear, D-link, etc. so I'd like to stay
> away from them.
>
> So if any of you have a 2950 gathering dust, drop me a line off-list and I'd be
> happy to take it off your hands for whatever's a reasonable price.

Nothing to sell/give away, but take a look at the HP Procurve switches.
  We've migrated away from Cisco at work and use the HPs now. Lifetime
warranty, and not too expensive. It's pro gear, not SOHO junk.

Don't know what your budget is, but I think they're pretty good bang for
the buck. Especially since we don't have to keep pouring money into a
support contract!

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska