[aklug] KDE 3.5.12 =Trinity, Debian Ubuntu

From: Greg Madden <gomadtroll@gci.net>
Date: Fri Aug 20 2010 - 22:11:12 AKDT

Pearson computing is maintaining kde 3.5.xx for their own purposes, and sharing
the results with others, code named trinity.

I use Kontact/kmail in Lenny, I upgraded to Squeeze (it uses kde 4)and was able to
keep using my exisitng kde 3.5 kontact files. Trinity is installed
in /opt/trinity, executables in /opt/trinity/bin, add it to your path.

Trinity installs along side KDE 4, both work. Trinity files in the home dir are
in .trinity. To keep all existing setting etc, copy .kde to .trinity.

Pearson is using/supports Ubuntu as their primary os. Not sure of the longer term
implications, security updates, for Debian.

deb http://ppa.quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/trinity/trinity-builddeps/ubuntu
squeeze main
deb http://ppa.quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/trinity/trinity/ubuntu squeeze main

http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net/