[aklug] Re: Mac laptops and reliability

From: Bruce Hill <bruce@slackwarebox.com>
Date: Mon Aug 16 2010 - 18:31:45 AKDT

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 06:14:08PM -0800, Damien Hull wrote:
> I don't use a Mac but I know people who do. They love it. If you have
> never used a Mac you have no idea what your talking about.

Can't tell if this reply was directed to me or not, due to no trimming
and top-posting. ;) Since you Cc'ed me (no need, I'm on the list) then I
will assume it was ...

I've used several Macs, both desktops and PCs. There has been no noticable
difference between them and similar hardware running Windoze. There is a
very noticable performance (think multi-tasking) difference between both
of those and Linux ... at least Slackware or Gentoo, with the later being
considerably faster because of CFLAGS used when building.

My Mac fanboi buddies have for years told me that Macs are better than
PCs. My comparison to them has been work outputted from the systems. Even
the fanboi who raves "Macs printing to Epson printers" could NOT produce
anything that a PC using a HP printer could not reproduce just as good,
and sometimes better. Mac just cost a lot more for eye candy that can be
reproduce in Linux, with less cross-platform compatibility than Windoze.

It's the TOOLS mate, not the OS, that produces WORK.

your should be you're ... your is the possessive form of you; you're is a
contraction for you are ...

Bruce Hill

--
May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering!
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the