[aklug] Re: Mac laptops and reliability

From: Tim Gibney <timgibney76@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Aug 16 2010 - 17:43:25 AKDT

I am thinking of Adobe Dreamweaver for website creation mixed with
PostgreSQL and a few free Javascript debuggers. Most of the jobs in
Anchorage require experience in it or Microsoft's Sharepoint thingie. I
chose Java as my electives in my undergraduate years so starting with .NET
will be a burden.
How is MacOSX not a Unix or a Linux? My intention was to replace Linux with
a well integrated OS with the hardware and still have the benefits. Linux is
a cool toy to play with but I just want to play World of Warcraft and run
Office and a few tools. Windows might be a requirement for some classes.

I am just curious on the Apple brand from people who have switched.