[aklug] Re: Fwd: FriLinux - I'm here, where is everone?

From: Bruce Hill <bruce@slackwarebox.com>
Date: Mon Aug 16 2010 - 17:34:12 AKDT

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 02:01:57PM -0800, Tim Gibney wrote:
> I had the same problem. People come in late and the crowd varies. Don't be
> discouraged by looking at the parking lot.
> I think if we had LUG once a month we would have a larger gathering. Just my
> opinion.

Can I give an opinion, really from the outside looking in?

We live in China, in an area where there is no LUG. This is not the first
LUG mailing list I've subscribed to, but so far the first one that has not
turned into WinLUG messages, if you get my meaning.

I'm grateful for the support messages related to Linux that I read here,
and the knowledge that some experienced *nixers share.

Appreciate your LUG ... do a poll of the members to see which night of the
day/time suits the majority, and frequency, then use the democratic process
(majority rule, not spend into deeper debt).

And remember T-Bills ... all ur base belong to China ;)

Bruce Hill

--
May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering!
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the