[aklug] EMR or OEMR

From: Steven Johnson <stevejzoo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Jul 25 2010 - 13:10:40 AKDT

A reference to a freely available software project associated with the
Veteran's Administration probably refers to VistA or OpenVistA or another of
the versions of this progam. Wikipedia has an account with links to
software sources.
VistA is one of several current incarnations of the VA's Decentralized
Hospital Computer Program (DHCP), introduced in the early nineteen
eighties. These programs are written in M, the language/database formerly
known as Mumps.

Steve Johnson
stevejzoo@gmail.com

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 10:17 AM, barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net> wrote:

> Quoting Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>:
>
> > You'll probably have to go back through the list archives to find
> > mention of it, but some gave a presentation on on Open Source Medical
> > Records setup of some sort. I don't remember which package it was, but
> > he seemed pretty gung-ho on it. I couldn't even tell you for certain if
> > it is one of the ones you just mentioned, or an entirely different one.
> >
> > Jim G
>
> To add to Jim's information here...it had something to do with the
> Veteran's administration.
>
> It looked to be an interesting project...not sure it continued though.
>
> Mike B.

Steve Johnson
stevejzoo@gmail.com