[aklug] Re: Gui WYSIWYG web development tools

From: Kurt Brendgard <brendgard@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Jul 17 2010 - 19:31:06 AKDT

While I have never used it, I have actually seen at least one job advertisement
stating that the person hired MUST be able to use Dreamweaver, and I vaguely
remember talking about using it with at least one professional who indicated
using it. All I know is it keeps coming out in new versions, so somebody must be
buying it. I can't afford such expensive luxuries. I do it all with an extremely
basic text editor. Not sure I could get used to using something like them lol.
Does Dreamweaver, or any GUI for that matter, handle PHP, templating systems,
and MySQL in any decent capacity? Especially CSS? Like I said, I can't afford
them so I wouldn't know. But now I'm curious as to how far they've come.