[aklug] Re: Alaska peering

From: <mingdao@>
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 19:27:44 AKDT

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 02:55:29PM -0800, Royce Williams wrote:
> Bruce Hill wrote, on 6/8/2010 2:29 PM:
> >> I'm not a Google apologist, but is it widely known that Google is doing
> >> this, and is it clear that it is happening deliberately (and not some
> >> issue somewhere else?)
>
> > Yes, it is widely known. Granted, "widely known" to me means the community
> > of geeks who use Linux. Otherwise, who can say?
>
> I'm trying to stick to the technical part of this discussion. :-)
>
> What I meant by this question is that it is easy to conclude that the
> issue is Google detecting and enforcing, but I want to see some kind of
> technical analysis that backs this up before concluding that Google is
> doing this. If this is both technically provable and widely known, I
> would have expected to see it on Slashdot by now. This is the first
> that I've heard this claim.
>
> If you can point me to a technical breakdown of this specific issue,
> many people would be very interested in knowing about it.
>
> Royce

I'll be back in China on June 18; home ~ one week later. Write me and tell
me how to provide it. It's been a while since I did this analysis with
some Chinese guy on the internet. But ... who in America cares anyway?

--
May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering!
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the