[aklug] Re: AKLUG and others

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Thu Mar 04 2010 - 15:27:22 AKST

Problem exists with other areas such as education. By and large UAA
produces unready teachers because it does not focus on theoretical
analysis that would enable teacher to move among curricula and
students. In all things balance is critical but typically post
secondary education is artificially constrained by academia - the
teacher you might want is most often excluded by the very system you
are paying. You are getting a rather skewed view of technology via
academia. And there are some hotshots on this list without a degree. I
know I bristle everytime some twentysomething asks me about recent
education; after some of what I have seem at UAA it's tough to think
about paying tuition there. But all that aside Jpsh, to mention sane
OS like "OS X or Linux" without mentioning unix in your blog, now that
is inexcusable ;) didn't someone do a poll of sorts earlier - re cp/m
lol - there was life before torvald