[aklug] Re: AKLUG and others

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Thu Mar 04 2010 - 15:38:42 AKST

On Thursday 04 March 2010, Marc Grober elucidated thus:
> But all that aside Jpsh, to mention sane
> OS like "OS X or Linux" without mentioning unix in your blog, now
> that is inexcusable ;) didn't someone do a poll of sorts earlier - re
> cp/m lol - there was life before torvald

Marc: re-read that section. I was listing the classes I've taken and
the ways in which they helped me. :) Context:

"I've taken the full complement of CS classes to earn my BS, and almost
my MS. There are classes I may never use again. But I'm glad I had
CS... 321 (Operating systems; especially helps when running on "sane"
systems such as Linux or Mac OS X)"

I've run Linux and Max OS X, personally. I've had no experience with
any other Unix. Nothing against them...just no motivation or
opportunity at the moment. I'd love to learn BSD, and probably
Solaris, but I haven't gotten there yet.

But you're right, that paragraph could be construed in a more general
context, in which case, it should include other Unices.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A