[aklug] Re: Ubuntu issues

From: bdk <bdk@thirdmason.com>
Date: Wed Mar 03 2010 - 22:45:28 AKST

For aptitude create /etc/apt/apt.conf and add:

APT::Install-Recommends “0″;
APT::Install-Suggests “0″;

Turns off both Recommends and Suggests. I was shocked moving from
Debian3 to 4 or 4 to 5 when Debian defaulted to both of those options
being turned on. IMHO one of the worse decisions that Debian could of made.

-Sean