[aklug] Re: Linux Counter Project

From: captgoodnight captgoodnight <captgoodnight@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Sep 24 2009 - 11:40:14 AKDT

I've been following this kinda lightly, so I'm probably missing something. But is this all over the linux counter project? I just get a nice little reminder via email and I click a link, done...Lord knows I got other things to work on.

Now if your looking for a relay, I believe gci still provides this for it's customers. Even with a unknown FROM:. addr. I wrote a perl script a while back that did uptime and service availability checks on hosts within a file. The syntax was really simple, if anyone needs examples, contact me off list. Netcat, socat and perhaps hping3 would work here to.

I could be totally off mark, but maybe that helps.
thanks,
--eddie