[aklug] Re: Rebasing the discussion

From: Greg Madden <gomadtroll@acsalaska.net>
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 19:03:13 AKDT

On Thursday 17 September 2009, Lee Ross wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 16:31:03 -0800, Greg Madden <pabi@acsalaska.net>
wrote:
> > Oh cool I get to top post ;-)
> > I agree with Damien and Jonr. I respectfully disagree with Arthur.
> >
> > I stand by my earlier comment about not re-inventing the wheel. there
> > is already enough documentation on the net. why not learn how to
> > search and use whats available, newcomers and all. I am not sure of
> > what is the best way forward but I feel that it is different than
> > what we have done in the past, except for this list, which is a great
> > resource.
>
> Aklugers,
>
> So when I bought a new 1.5 TB external harddrive and I am unable to put
> files on there, I knew from past experience that I'm not allowed to ask
> what to do without researching the problem myself ....so I did the
> research and found the answers but I don't understand what they are
> talking about because it's not detailed enough......so, I'll do what
> I've done in the past and hire a guy by the hour to explain a couple of
> simple things about how Linux works with things such as external
> harddrives and why I'm being denied access. He/she will furnish the
> answers, I'll pay the money and we both go away happy.

Ouch !

On with the flame war.

 I would be suprised if you got this feeling , or lack of help, from the
Friday nite meeting of Aklug. Most of the rtfm responses are from those
who don't go to Friday nite, if you showd up, you get help, its the one
place where action speaks louder than words.

--
Peace
Greg Madden