[aklug] A starting point

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 17:45:02 AKDT

To sort of muck out what Jon has been saying to go with Damien's
intent, I ran across this:

http://www.howtoforge.org/the-perfect-desktop-ubuntu-9.04

Although I am currently using Ubuntu and liking it, it doesn't have to
be Ubuntu.

What I like about this article is the list of applications that the
person is looking to use.

One thing I'd do though is get rid of some of the duplicate applications.

Also I heard that pidgin is getting replaced by some other
application....but it has been popular as of late.

If we can mostly agree on packages we'd like to see...maybe we can
move forward some.

Mike B.