[aklug] Re: Can't type shifted keys: Problem and Solution

From: Matt Grimm <matt.t.grimm@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 15:20:23 AKDT

You must be using VMware? I had the same problem for a long time until I
found this:
http://www.vmware.com/support/ws5/doc/ws_devices_keymap_linux_longer.html

In short, create or modify the file ~/.vmware/config to add this line:

xkeymap.nokeycodeMap = true

This worked with VMware Server 1 and 2 for me on Ubuntu.

m.