[aklug] Samsung Jack and Linux/Ubuntu 9.04

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 14:25:17 AKDT

I just hooked up a Samsung Jack to an Ubuntu 9.04 box. The cool thing
is that it treats the device as eth1.

So configuring is a snap.

You do have to go onto the phone in the 'internet sharing' icon and choose

PC Connection: USB

Then press the button to connect. Not that big of a deal really.

I got a 192.168.0.x address, so if your connected to a local wireless
router too, you may get some sort of conflict.

Also, don't forget to turn off your proxy settings if you also use
your machine at work. ;)

The "downside" is that this phone is a windows mobile device....a
means to an end I guess.

Mike B.