[aklug] Re: Update the bios for a dell

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Aug 11 2009 - 12:54:11 AKDT

Dell has a Linux Wiki page that also covers this and in addition;
Fedora, SLED10, Centos.

http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Repository/firmware

Nice of them, but still not as slick as if you're still running Windows
on your Dell. Just go to the appropriate support web page, clink on the
link, and it happens.

I recently got my hands on a Dell laptop. When I discovered their
1-click bios upgrade, I was sure to upgrade the bios before upgrading
the OS. Worked really slick.

Jim G