[aklug] Re: What certifications should one have?

From: David J. Weller-Fahy <dave-lists-aklug@weller-fahy.com>
Date: Sun May 03 2009 - 11:19:42 AKDT

* Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org> [2009-05-03 12:43 -0500]:
> She's certainly right, if you're not willing to be a lifelong student
> (unofficially or otherwise) you're in the wrong field. Most mid to
> large sized companies offer tuition assistance if your courses are
> work-related. So, getting a CS degree should always be doable as an
> IT professional.
>
> Again, something I actually need to do myself...

For those of you who might be looking into going back to school and need
something oriented toward the online degree program: University of
Illinois has pretty good online programs[1], and they are one of the few
(when I researched it, four-five years ago) schools with different
tuition rates if you are all online.

[1]: http://www.online.uillinois.edu

Disclosure: I'm going through them for my BS in CS.

I figured I'd throw it out there, as many people don't have the time to
go to classroom based degrees if they are in the workplace.

Regards,

--
dave [ please don't CC me ]