[aklug] Re: Backups

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Thu Apr 30 2009 - 08:18:31 AKDT

I liked the tools that came with amanda for writing a header to the
tapes. That was handy. And it made sure you didn't overwrite tapes.

However duplicity can help out with this as well, since it can be set
up to store an archive index pool on an active filesystem. You'll
know you have a file and that it's on a tape. How you correlate the
two could be a very easy thing.

- Shane