[aklug] Re: New email client - spicebird

From: Shane R. Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Wed Mar 25 2009 - 08:46:12 AKDT

Unfortunately even though you could store all of your contacts in IMAP
(which several groupware suites can do) it's difficult to find mail
clients that deal with that cleanly. Same with cal entries and what
not. IMAP works very well for mail and mail alone. (Yes yes.. it can do
other evil things too but it's just not made for it).
Shane

Jim Gribbin wrote:
> Isn't that what IMAP is for?
>
> On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 18:24 -0800, Damien Hull wrote:
>> I'm hoping someone else can give this a try and report back. I bounce back and forth between a workstation, two laptops and a black berry. Using a desktop mail client seems pointless. I'm sure someone out there is still using one.
>>
>> http://www.spicebird.com/

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: OpenPGP digital signature