[aklug] Re: Distributions, and a couple liesurely questions

From: Brian ThunderEagle <thundereagle@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri Mar 20 2009 - 17:34:00 AKDT

Thank you for the suggestions, I tried Ubuntu 8.10 that I had and it wouldn't work with my ATI. I downwill loaded Linux Mint this morning and installed it a few hours ago and so far it is fabulous. I had glxgears running, listening to MP3's off my NT drive, and browsing the internet with my wireless before I had even installed the OS. Wonderful. I am downloading Jaunty, and might give that a try but so far I have no problems with Mint.

I looked into VirtualBox a little bit and will give that a try if I still have problems with Wine (Currently downloading along with some other packages.) Thankyou for that suggestion, it looks promising.

     - Brian ThunderEagle
     - thundereagle@hotmail.com