[aklug] Super Grub Disk

From: <bob@estimations>
Date: Tue Mar 17 2009 - 08:11:42 AKDT

Hi all,

I just recently installed a new HDD in a computer, planning to dual
boot it with Windows XP on one drive and Ubuntu on the other. Long
story short, I accidentally garbaged grub so it wouldn't boot. On
power up, I got a Grub Error 22 message.

Anyway, a google search for "grub error 22" led me to find
http://www.supergrubdisk.org/ which allowed me to fix it painlessly.
Here is what their website says about it.

"We want Linux newbies to restore their new toy, but also help the
Linux advanced user make potentially dangerous operations to the MBR
in a safe way. Super Grub Disk is also a teaching tool to help you
learn more about bootloaders and the booting process."