[aklug] Re: BSD

From: Robert Crowe <crowe.robert@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Feb 09 2009 - 03:38:29 AKST

I tested OpenBSD last week-the experience was humbling, but good. The
documentation was excellent-same with FreeBSD btw. Both Open and Free say
they can run linux binaries on their BSD's. Have you done that and if so how
successful were you?
On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net> wrote:

> Robert Crowe wrote, on 2/8/2009 7:27 PM:
> > I meant to ask at the last meeting-is anyone using any of the BSD's as
> there
> > primary OS? Specifically OpenBSD?
>
> Are you teasing me? :-)
>
> Not OpenBSD, but I do use FreeBSD (for server purposes, not much GUI).
> Tom Simes walks the walk - it's his primary OS at work. (Hi, Tom!)
> So his BSD-as-primary-OS foo trumps mine, depending on why you ask.
>
> Why do you ask? :-)
>
> Royce
>

> --
> Royce D. Williams - http://royce.ws/
> The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more. - Salk

ØÖ! ì~
"Listen to me! When you die in Alaska you die in real life!"
"Change before you have to"
"If you want to build a ship
don't herd people together to collect wood
and don't assign them tasks and work,
but rather teach them to long for the
endless immensity of the sea."
Antoine-Marie-Roger de Saint-Exupery