[aklug] Re: Ubuntu upgrade

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun Feb 08 2009 - 22:35:26 AKST

Quoting "Joshua J. Kugler" <joshua@eeinternet.com>:

> I've upgraded from previous releases using the do-release-upgrade
> script. That does all the dependency calculations, adds required
> packages, removes conflicts, etc.
>
> It's a part of the update-manager-core package. Even with
> do-release-upgrade, you're only supposed to go one release at a time.
> The exception to this rule is if you're going from Ubuntu 6.06 to 8.04
> (one LTS release to the next...they made sure that worked). If my
> memory is correct, I've actually done that and it worked.

This is basically what I'm ending up doing...I stopped at the release =20
in between, but going to stop at 8.04.

The good news is the broadcom driver (restricted) is available for my =20
wireless card. I was using ndiswrapper before, but the binary driver =20
has some nice features that go with it.

It's gone pretty well so far...but not completed yet.

Mike B.