[aklug] Re: BSD

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Mon Feb 09 2009 - 07:27:04 AKST

I was a BSD user a few years back. In my opinion Linux is crushing BSD. Bot=
h systems are about the same but more developers code for Linux. It's easer=
 to find applications and drivers for Linux.=20

There a few things I feel should be said about FreeBSD and OpenBSD.=20
1. FreeBSD's ports tree for managing/installing software is very cool
2. OpenBSD's "Packet Filter" firewall software blows IPTables out of the wa=
ter
3. Both Free and Open had these awesome features before Linux