[aklug] Re: VirtualBox

From: James Tweet <jamestweet@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Dec 28 2008 - 09:21:35 AKST

I have been running VirtualBox for about a year now. I did have a little trouble getting the USB to work properly but was able to find the resolution on the VirtualBox Forums.

I do recommend that if you plan to run Windows in VirtualBox. Disable the ACPI in the settings for that virtual machine before installing Windows. If ACPI is enabled. Then Windows takes a lot more of the processer's time. Unfortunately Windows Server 2008 requires ACPI but the other Windows versions don't.

Also if you need to burn a CD or DVD from inside of a VirtualBox running Windows guest. The best software I have found is VirtualCD from http://www.virtualcd-online.com.

If anyone has questions about VirtualBox. Go ahead and post it to the aklug forum and I will try to answer it.

James