[aklug] Re: Projectors and Secure Wifi

From: Thomison, Lee <ThomisonL@muni.org>
Date: Tue Nov 04 2008 - 10:58:06 AKST

I did the same thing Saturday with an older gateway laptop using ubuntu her=
on into an old projector. Imagine my surprise...it Just Worked...after I t=
urned everything on and off a few times which I think was more the projecto=
r.

Wireless with WEP or WPA has always been an issue; once I figured out to in=
stall the network-manager-gnome extension it got much easier, but still not=
 quite for grandma yet.

I've heard good things about Mepis, but don't know first hand.