[aklug] Projectors and Secure Wifi

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Tue Nov 04 2008 - 10:50:28 AKST

Yesterday I connected a laptop running Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex to a projector. It worked! Then I was asked to connect it to a secured Wifi access point for net access. I was worried that it wouldn't work. I was very surprised when it connected after I typed in the pass phrase.

In the past secure wifi was out of the question for most Linux users. Projectors were also a pin. It seems that the Ubuntu developers are including the necessary tools to do both.

Are there other Linux distributions that make these things easy?

--
Damien Hull
Linux Ninja