[aklug] Re: Digital Overload

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Fri Oct 10 2008 - 16:02:10 AKDT

I ran top as root. I also did a "cat /proc/cpuinfo".

root@mail1:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 15
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz
stepping : 6
cpu MHz : 1864.825
cache size : 2048 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 1
core id : 0
cpu cores : 1
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 10
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc up arch_perfmon pebs bts pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
bogomips : 3731.91
clflush size : 64

I'm not sure why I'm only seeing one core. According to uname -a I'm running my custom Linux 2.6.23.14-custom-02 kernel. According to the config-2.6.23.14-custom-02 I should have SMP support.

grep SMP config-2.6.23.14-custom-02
CONFIG_SMP=y

I'm going to do some testing and maybe an upgrade to Ubuntu Hardy Heron this weekend. I'll post my findings.

Damien Hull
Linux Ninja
Open Source Assassin
Owner and Administrator of: