[aklug] Damien's presentation

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri Oct 10 2008 - 21:51:44 AKDT

Damien did a nice overview of using Wordpress for managing a website =20
and talk a little about the lanconica software.

We held a little trivia contest and I gave away two books, =20
Ubuntu-for-non-geeks and The Productive Programmer.

After the demo we broke up into little enclaves and hacked away at =20
different projects.

One of the discussions surrounded a user wanting to get started with =20
Linux on his Windows box.

The discussion led to using Vmplayer (or Virtual Box) on the windows =20
machine so that he could get his feet wet.

Then work his way towards using Linux as his desktop.

As happens from time to time, we run into folks that have a real need =20
to continue using Windows...this was one. However, he was willing to =20
give linux a try in a vm....and in my book it is a step in the right =20
direction.

Hope to see more of you as we continue to build our membership.

With the way the economy is going, I think folks are looking for ways =20
to reduce costs and improve stability.

Come join us!

Mike B.