[aklug] Re: Odd Thunderbird Message Filter behaviour

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Sep 01 2008 - 20:02:37 AKDT

I just realized some further oddness about this situation.

A little background first.:
This is a gmail account and I am using IMAP. My AKLUG folder is an IMAP
folder.

When I originally posted yesterday, it was from a laptop running Fedora
8 and Evolution for the mail client.

At the moment I am on W2K and using Thunderbird.

Both email clients are set up the same way and both have the same AKLUG
filter and that is the only filter on my gmail account on either box.

Both mail clients have proven themselves in the past capable of
filtering and moving emails to other IMAP folders Yet both are failing
to do so on the same emails.

I feel like I must be missing something somewhere, but what?

BTW Mike - I did take a couple of shots at changing characters in the
word aklug with ? marks. It didn't change anything. I was reluctant to
get to carried away with wildcards as I didn't want my entire INBOX to
end up in AKLUG.