[aklug] Re: Odd Thunderbird Message Filter behaviour

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Sep 01 2008 - 15:41:37 AKDT

I do have 'filter logging' turned on. It only shows stuff that triggered
the filter. Items that didn't trigger are not shown.

The only filter I have set up for this account is for AKLUG mail and
this X-list/aklug thing is the only option set up in that filter.

I don't even know if wildcards are allowed. It seems like it shouldn't
be necessary as the server should be sending exactly the same string in
the X-list field every time.

The filter is only set to look for 'contains aklug' as opposed to 'is
exactly aklug', also a valid filter choice.

I suspect I am going to have to post a Bug Report. They won't like it as
it's showing something inconsistent in behavior. Apparent random
behavior is always the hardest to find and is rarely truly random. There
is likely something consistently triggering (failing to) this, I'm just
not seeing what it is.

I'm hoping someone here can help me see what this trigger is as I'm not
seeing it. I think it must be in the headers, but I'm not 100% certain.

Clear as mud?