[aklug] information on MySQL cluster

From: Richard Moore <dewey.moore@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Aug 20 2008 - 12:48:39 AKDT

I was wondering if anyone in the list has experience with MySQL cluster,
other name would be NDBCLUSTER. I have the cluster set up and working
perfectly, using disk data storage and everything. my question is however,
if anyone knows a way to get UNIQUE KEYS to be stored in disk data storage,
or a way to make them not take up so much space. I am currently testing the
cluster for storage for our new ERP, as well as the storage for our DBMS. If
there is no way of doing this I will just be putting 8 gigs of ram in each
of the data nodes. My current configuration has 4 data nodes, 2 management
nodes with the sql node on the management node. all of the computers are the
same, they each have 250 gig hdd, with quad core processors, with 2 gigs of
ram. We would be willing to spend the extra couple hundred dollars for 8
gigs of ram for each of the data nodes if I cannot store the UNIQUE KEYS in
the DISK DATA STORAGE.

Richard Moore