[aklug] Re: OpenWRT

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Wed May 21 2008 - 13:58:03 AKDT

On Wednesday 21 May 2008, barsalou said something like:
> Quoting Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>:
> > Ah. Even though the 2C0 board kit (board with only two NICs, no
> > USB) is $163, and you could probably get a NIC on eBay for $20,
> > with shipping that's around $193 ... and so still over your budget.
> >
> > What if we all Paypal'd you $5? ;-)
>
> This is exactly the kind of open, out of the box thinking we need in
> this group!

Hey, my wife and I have a remodeling project going=20
(http://jjncj.com/rebuild/). If we could find 10,000 people to paypal=20
us $5, it would help greatly! :D

That said, having a "cool new hardware" fund in AK LUG sounds fun. It=20
would require a full write up and/or presentation of said hardware if=20
funds were disbursed, of course, but still sounds neat.

=2D-=20
Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com