[aklug] Re: Blackberry & SyncML

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri Apr 11 2008 - 22:18:50 AKDT

Quoting Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>:

> Mike,
>
> I spent a lot of time a couple of months ago attempting to get SyncML
> working on my Motorola V3 through Cellular One. Never was successful.
>
> I did get it working with Thunderbird and a couple SyncML providers.
> ScheduleWorld, Funambol, and Goosync.

In my tests I was using Funambol and my palm....worked pretty good.

> When I attempted talking to tech support at Cellular One, they would not
> even admit to having ever heard the term SyncML. They did emphatically
> deny there were doing anything to block it and gave me a contact number
> for Motorola's tech support. This, even though they have (or at least
> had) in their advertising on their website that their phones (most of
> them) had this capability as a feature.

There is definitely a dirth of folks in tech support who understand the
technology, let alone know how to spell it.

It seems like you didn't have a good experience and the technology is
fairly new. It seems more work needs to be done.

Mike B.