[aklug] Virtual machine choices.

From: John Phelps <akz3r0@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 14:47:28 AKST

I am wanting to build a server that hosts out a few services as virtual
machines and there are many choices.
Kernel VM, VMware, Xen, etc. I just want something easy.
The VM's that I will be running will be CentOS and Ubuntu based.

Here is my list of wanted VM's

   - A web/file server VM running apache (Ubuntu)

   - CentOS image (see http://www.irlp.net/ )

   - ubuntu image running a package called PSKmail (
   http://pskmail.wikispaces.com/ )

   - ubuntu image running "Outernet Server" (see
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outernet_server_%28software%29)

Have a 2.4GHz Celeron with 256MB RAM set aside for this purpose (can be
upgraded if needed).

So what do I use? What do I need? The machine will be headless with no
underlying VM having a GUI.

Thanks to all !
~John