[aklug] Re: [aklug-ops] Re: How to Make a Contribution to AKLUG

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 15:10:59 AKST

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, Greg Madden wrote:

> Ah.... this is to hard . For the record though I am not a member of any
> group/sig in Aklug called 'you guys' or 'they' or any permutation there
> of. I represent no one but myself.

Gregg, I hate to be riding you so hard, but you unfortunately are part of
"they" and "you guys", specifically guys who have held official positions
within the legal entity as per your biennial reports.

You are just as qualified as any of those people there to just answer the
question I posed: what have we done with this!?

This is what is so infuriating about this: you guys posted your financial
needs to the ops list. I asked a question about the necessity to bare the
burden at all. Your group then chose to blithely ignore me and post again
with full donation information to *both* lists days later.

Since that point I have asked the question several more times. I'm sure
everyone agrees that I'm a tactless ogre, but it should still be obvious to
everyone that we're all still waiting for an answer.

The more you guys act like you're beyond reproach and how dare we question
you the more of an ogre I'll become. And after ten years you'd think you'd
realize that I'm not going to ease up until we get that information and we
make a collective decision.

That's really the sad part: I'm not bound and determined to have my way,
I'm just bound and determined to be dealt with fairly. If I ask a question
I expect an answer. If you're not willing to answer, you have no right to
act in mine or anyone else's name.

In fact, I'll take this one step further: if the group thinks that I'm
being nothing but disruptive and that everyone would be happier without me
asking pointed questions, I'll go. We can all vote on that as well and I'll
abide by the group's decision.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die